Also available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, PodBean, Spotify and more
With the help of Renee Manderville, Archisman Chaudhuri, and Philip Gooding, Prof. Jon D. Unruh, McGill University, discusses his work on land rights and restitution in times of conflict in several regions of the contemporary IOW.
- Some of the works discussed in the podcast include:
- Jon D. Unruh and Musa Adam Abdul-Jalil, ‘Constituencies of conflict and opportunity: Land rights, narratives and collective action in Darfur,’ Political Geography, 42 (2014): 104-16.
- Jon Unruh and Mourad Shalaby, ‘A volatile interaction between peacebuilding priorities: road infrastructure (re)construction and land rights in Afghanistan,’ Progress in Development Studies, 12, 1 (2012): 47-61.
- Jon D. Unruh, ‘Mass Claims in Land and Property Following the Arab Spring: Lessons from Yemen,’ Stability: International Journal of Security & Development, 5, 1, (2016): 1–19.
- Jon D. Unruh, ‘Weaponization of the Land and Property Rights system in the Syrian civil war: facilitating restitution?’ Journal of Intervention and Statebuilding, 10, 4 (2016): 453-71.
- For more on Prof. Unruh’s work, see his bio at: https://www.mcgill.ca/geography/people-0/unruh
This podcast was produced with the help of Renee Manderville (Project Manager), Archisman Chaudhuri, and Philip Gooding (both postdoctoral fellows of the IOWC).